The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick

Weren't we just watching as Nick Foles was driving the Eagles toward what surely would be another miraculous playoff win against the Saints.

Of course, then there was that throw that clanked off Alshon Jeffery's hands.

Well, they're back.

Foles is gone. This is now Carson Wentz's teamm, even if he did not play a single snap in the preseason. Anyone else watch that Thursday night fiasco with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers trying to out-putrify Mitchell Trubiski and the Bears. Rodgers did not play a snap in the preseason either. And he looked every bit of it.

Wentz must avoid the same fate as he leads the Birds against the bitter NFC East division rival Redskins Sunday at 1 at the Linc. The last thing Wentz - still recovering from some less than positive press, along with that fracture in his back - needs is a stuttering start.

Can you imagine if he starts with an 0-for-3 and out? I don't think that's going to be a problem.

The Redskins are a mess.

This Eagles roster is one of the most talented in memory.

It says here that Wentz leads the Eagles to an 11-5 record.

The Birds return to the Super Bowl, where they see an old friend, Andy Reid and his Kansas City Chiefs.

The Eagles build an early lead, but the Chiefs are driving for the winning TD late in the game. Unfortunately, Andy has used all his timeouts and his quarterback throws a dump pass in the middle of the field and time expires. Eagles win.

After the game, Reid says he needs to put his players in a better position to make plays.

THE PICK: Make it Eagles 27, Redskins 13. Wentz has a solid day, and continues his push to make Zach Ertz the next coming of Rob Gronkowski. The entire Philly region holds its breath as Wentz takes a few hits, but he's fine.

LAST WEEK: No games last week, but just to refresh your memory I did pick them to beat the Saints, 26-24. Looking back at the regular season last year, I struggled early before coming in, posting a 7-9 mark, while the Birds scratched out a 9-7 mark the squeak into the playoffs. No such problem this year. The Eagles will win the NFC East going away and roll into the postseason as one of the favorites to reach the Super Bowl.

GAME BY GAME (From Last Year): Eagles 18, Falcons 12. (My Pick: Falcons 27, Eagles 13)

Buccaneers 27, Eagles 21 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Buccaneers 13)

Eagles 20, Colts 16 (My Pick: Colts 23, Eagles 17)

Titans 26, Eagles 23 in OT (My Pick: Eagles 26, Titans 13)

Vikings 23, Eagles 21 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Vikings 13)

Eagles 34, Giants 13 (My Pick: Eagles 19, Giants 17)

Panthers 21, Eagles 17 (My Pick: Eagles 26, Panthers 17)

Eagles, 24, Jaguars 18 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Jaguars 23)

Cowboys 27, Eagles 20 (My Pick: Eagles 29, Cowboys 16)

Saints 48, Eagles 7 (My Pick: Saints 37, Eagles 23)

Eagles 25, Giants 22 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Giants 17)

Eagles 28, Redskins 13 (My Pick: Eagles 27, Redskins 17)

Cowboys 29, Eagles 23 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Cowboys 21)

Eagles 30, Rams 23 (My Pick: Rams 31, Eagles 16)

Eagles 32, Texans 30 (My Pick: Eagles 27, Texans 26)

Eagles 24, Redskins 0 (My Pick: Eagles 31, Redskins 17)

Eagles 16, Bears 15 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Bears 17)

Comments