All tricks and no treats

Let's get this out of the way right now.

I'm not a Halloween fan.

Have not been since I hung up my Trick-or-Treat bag.

So don't look for me to be in costume.

Oh, I will be manning the door, relieving my wife when I get home tonight, handing out treats.

But I'm wondering how many kids actually will show up.

Right now it is pouring out and the rain is expected to continue through the day, although they are saying there might be a window of clearing in time for Trick-or-Treat before another batch of heavy storms rolls through tonight. West Chester is actually postponing their Trick-or-Treat night until Friday.

Why do I get the feeling that forecast is pretty much wishful thinking by our friends on local TV.

After all, these are the same people who will spend the bulk of the morning getting dressed up in their best Halloween costumes. No costumes here.

And that suits me just fine.

So let's get through today, then we can get on with the important business - seeing which radio station is first to flip to all Christmas carols all the time.

'Tis the season.

Comments