Checking out some foxes on the ride into work

No, it's not what you think.

This is a note to the folks on Rose Valley Road and Ridley Creek Road as they wind through Nether Providence and Rose Valley.

Do you know you have nighttime intruders?

These come on four legs, not two.

I use those roads as a cut-through on my way to the office, cutting from Baltimore Pike just west of Media and zigging and zagging my way over to Providence Road (Route 252) over in Nether Prov.

And I am serious about the zigging and zagging part.

I'm used to the deer that I play dodge ball with every morning. And, of course this week there were tons of downed limbs littering the road.

But I've also noticed something else recently.

This area seems to be up to their neck in foxes.

I am seeing several just about every morning as I make my way in the pre-dawn darkness.

And they don't seem to be in any great hurry to get out of the way. These critters seem to linger along the road, just daring my to pass them by.

I tell you it's a jungle out there.

Comments