Misery 'rains' on the roads

Did we get 6 inches of snow yesterday afternoon?

I'm not talking about the fact that our mini early autumn is over.

I'm talking about drivers.

I know we've had a pretty dry streak, but do we really have to lose our minds behind the wheel after getting about 10 cents worth of rain.

Raises your hand if you had a nightmare commute heading home last night.

Why do our roads come to a standstill just because we got some drizzle and rain? Everywhere I turned last night was the same thing. Bumper-to-Bumper traffic and a sea of red lights in front of me.

Nothing else really changed. I was on the road about the same time as I am any other day. There were no accidents that I encountered. But I couldn't get anywhere.

It was one of those commutes where I just scream at the top of my lungs to myself. Hey, at least the windows weren't down, so people did not think there was some psycho in the car beside them.

I've always said that the best thing about getting to the office as early as I do is the fact that I pretty much have the road to myself - aside from the deer who insist on playing dodge ball with me.

Comments