One more Chitwood moment

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I give you Exhibit A, today's front page.

Look, I understand Mike Chitwood is not everyone's cup of tea. I have heard from many readers this week who did not care for his camera-hogging profile. And more than a few who pointed out they did not appreciate him labeling suspects - people who had not yet been convicted of anything - of being "scumbags."

So what is he doing on today's front page again, for the third time since announcing he was retiring on Dec. 1.

Well, take a look at today's Page One image from Pete Bannan.

To be honest, I was hoping for exactly that kind of shot when I sent Pete to St. Laurence School yesterday, where they held a morning prayer service for the outgoing top cop.

Pete caught a student giving Chitwood a big hug as a way of thanking him for his service to the community.

I could not agree more.

Comments