One more reason to hate technology

Have I mentioned recently that I hate technology?

I swim in it every day, up to my ears in gadgets - phones, laptop.

Email just might be the death of me. Don't ask how many I wade through every day.

OK, most of this is merely an aggravation.

But yesterday we learned of one more pitfall of the technology creep that is slowly taking over our world.

Did you hear the news about the Pennsylvania Turnpike? They are spending $129 million to go cashless by fall 2021.

You will either need an E-ZPass account, or a camera will take a scan of your license plate and you will be billed accordingly. No problem, right?

Well, all except for one thing.

The plan includes elimination of 600 jobs - the people who currently man the toll booths and collect your cash.

Nothing like kicking off the holiday season by putting a big lump of coal - in the form of lost jobs - in the stocking of 600 people who perform a simple task for not a lot of money.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with technology.

Hell, I can't even figure out how to change the clock in my car back to Standard Time.

If technology is all that, don't you think they could figure out a way to do that automatically?

Comments