Birds still on a Super Bowl glide?

It's getting a late for a Super Bowl hangover.

The Birds were on top of the world in 2017. That's almost two full years ago.

But if you take a close look at their roster, and you will find it mostly populated by the same guys. That's especially true on defense, where nearly every player that was on the field for that debacle in Dallas was a member of the 2017 Super Bowl champions.

Maybe, just maybe, the Birds are a little like me. I have to admit, it's just not life-and-death for me any more. It wasn't always that way. I could curse, scream and throw things at the TV with the best of them.

Not anymore.

Oh, I still watch, I'm still invested, it's just not the end of the world when they lose.

Yes, I was upset at the way they played in Miami. It was about as bad a loss as I can remember.

Maybe the players are feeling the same way.

How else can you interpret the damning comments from Doug Pederson. On Monday the coach intimated the Dolphins wanted it more than the Eagles, saying they "played harder than we did."

How can that happen?

Is this team still in its Super Bowl glide?

The truth is this team is old. And slow. And just not very good, certainly nowhere near the hype we heard in August.

That goes for the coaches as well.

It might be time for house cleaning at the NovaCare Complex.

The Super Bowl is in the rear-view mirror.

Time to move on.

Comments