The Dreaded Saturday Eagles Pick

Just call it the NFC Least.

Hey, somebody has to win this division, why not the Eagles.

That's what I'm thinking after Jerry Jones' 'Boys coughed up another loss Thursday night to the Bears.

It's almost enough to make you forget just how bad the Eagles were last Sunday in losing to the Dolphins.

Here are two words that tell you pretty much everything you need to know about this Eagles squad.

Old and Slow.

That's not a good combination.

Take the defense, for instance. Please.

Every member of that defense that got scorched by Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Fish was a member of the 2017 Super Bowl team.

That's now two years ago, a lifetime in the NFL.

Doug Pederson probably was more honest than he wanted to be in his Monday day-after presser when he suggested the Dolphins "wanted it" a little more than the Eagles. It's hard to believe, but this group seems to still be enjoying a Super Bowl glide. So did that humbling loss to the Dolphins wake them up? We're about to find out.

The Giants probably aren't a lot better than the Dolphins, and a very familiar face will be under center when the G-Men take the field in a Monday night prime time showdown.

Yes, Eli Manning will get the start over injured rookie Daniel Jones.

Maybe the biggest factor Monday night will be the weather. The forecast is for a wet one, with a driving, all-day rain drenching the Linc.

So maybe Eli won't be that big a factor. But it's a good bet that Saquon Barkley will be, as he goes head to head with his old Penn State backup Miles Sanders, the Eagles outstanding record.

Don't look for either Eli or Carson Wentz to light things up Monday night. This one likely will be decided by which team can force the most turnovers and who has the better kicker.

I'll put my money on Jake Elliott.

The Eagles get the win, though it won't be easy.

THE PICK: Make it Eagles 26, Giants 23. Nothing is easy for this bunch. But thanks for the Cowboys, it's now a four-game season. Win these four and they win the division and host a home playoff game. Unreal.

LAST WEEK: That's three losses in a row for the Birds since the bye, though no one is going to put defeats at the hands of the Pats and Seahawks in the same category as losing to the lowly Dolphins. Sunday's debacle left the Birds gasping for breath at 5-7. It knocked me down a peg as well, but still a respectable 6-4.

GAME BY GAME: Eagles 32, Redskins 27. (My Pick: Eagles 27, Redskins 13)

Falcons 24, Eagles 20. (My Pick: Falcons 29, Eagles 27)

Lions 27, Eagles 24: (My Pick: Eagles 26, Lions 23)

Eagles 34, Packers 27 (My Pick: Packers 33, Eagles 23)

Eagles 31, Jets 6 (My Pick: Eagles 31, Jets 13)

Vikings 38, Eagles 20 (My Pick: Vikings 27, Eagles 26)

Cowboys 37, Eagles 10 (My Pick: Eagles 24, Cowboys 23)

Eagles 31, Bills 13 (My Pick: Bills 23, Eagles 17)

Eagles 22, Bears 14 (My Pick: Eagles 23, Bears 16)

Patriots 17, Eagles 10 (My Pick: Patriots 31, Eagles 17)

Seahawks 17, Eagles 9 (My Pick: Seahawks 26, Eagles 17)

Dolphins 37, Eagles 31 (My Pick: Eagles 29, Dolphins 13)

Comments