Thrill of victory and agony of the morning forecast

Call it the thrill of victory - and the agony of the morning forecast.

We could barely get the result of that thrilling comeback win by the Eagles and Carson Wentz out there before they started beating the drum for a "wintry mix."

It might still be coming. But take it from someone who just drove into the office. It's not doing anything right now.

Oh, I saw a few flurries, but can we please keep this in perspective.

It's Dec. 16. Snow flurries should not bring the region to a crawl.

And yet I know that is exactly what awaits.

I can use my wife as a gauge. She gets panic-stricken every time the word snow is mentioned. Personally, I will continue to blame the TV stations. They harp on this stuff at the slightest chance of winter precipitation. They will post folks by the roads to tell us what we can all see - so far the roads are not even wet.

Yes, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory. No, I don't think it's going to amount to much - other than a lot of over-hyped forecasts.

Once it starts doing something, they will tell us the roads are wet.

They will travel to the Poconos and points north in the hunt for flakes.

It's flaky alright. But it's also a disservice.

I'm not going to win this argument.

It's just the way it is.

So wintry mix it is.

Bring it on.

Comments