My kind of January

One down, two to go. Months, that is

It's not exactly a secret that I'm not a fan of winter.

In fact, I'm fairly certain that I suffer from SAD. That's Seasonal Affective Disorder. It usually starts to set in right after the holidays. I drive to work in the dark. Drive home in the dark. For someone who likes nothing more than to sit in the sun with that day's newspaper, it's a depressing time.

However, I supposed I really should not complain this year - at least so far.

We say goodbye to January today - and while we have had some cold snaps, they've been accompanied by temps that have been above average. Most important, snow has been all but non-existent. The couple of dustings we've gotten are exactly what I would dial up - cover the ground and make for a nice wintry scene, but not affect the roads or driving at all.

Now I can only hope that February and March cooperate as well.

So far the forecast looks promising, with temperatures getting close to 60 early next week.

Punxsutawney gets into the act Sunday, and has anyone thought about how wild the town must get with Groundhog Day and Super Bowl Sunday all rolled into one?

I don't put a lot of stock into the prognosticating rodent. Then again, I have a tendency to roll my eyes when the local TV stations sent correspondents up to the Poconos in desperate search for snow.

If this is winter, I guess I can take it.

Remember, pitchers and catchers in less than two weeks.

Comments