My kind of winter!

I did something Sunday I don't think I've ever done before.

I sat on my front porch, basking in glorious sunshine, and read the Sunday paper.

Yes, I've done that a million times.

But never on Jan. 12.

I actually thought it was warmer Sunday than Saturday, though we apparently topped a record on Saturday, when it hit 69 degrees, beating the previous high of 66 set in 1975.

We didn't eclipse the mark on Sunday, 72 degrees set all the way back in 1890.

The normal high around these parts for Jan. 12 is 39.

You didn't have to go too far to hit the 70s. It was 73 at 2 p.m. in Georgetown, Del.

It will be cooler today, but not really cold.

It's 43 degrees as you head out the door right now. We'll peak later at 51 degrees, although without much in the way of sun. If you're looking for cold temperatures, you'll have to wait until the weekend.

My kind of winter!

Comments