Bring on the doughnuts

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Go ahead, have that doughnut. Devour that Fastnacht.

It's all part of what they call Mardi Gras down in 'Nawlins.

It is traditionally the day of excess and bacchanalian festivities before the arrival of Lent tomorrow, Ash Wednesday.

I've never really been a big Fat Tuesday person.

I guess because I very rarely ever venture out of my weekday routine.

One of the things I am someday hoping to accomplish is breaking out of my rut, doing things I don't normally do.

That means going out and doing things during the week, not just on the weekend.

I have no idea why I have spent my life restricted in this kind of box, but I can tell you it's very real, and very limiting.

Maybe that should be my mission for Lent, getting out of my comfort zone and doing things I wouldn't routinely do.

So where's the doughnuts?

Comments