My one movie didn't make the cut

Well, my record remains intact.

I have not seen one of the movies nominated for last night's Academy Awards.

You might say it's a lock.

How's that? Well, I only saw one movie last year. Which is an improvement over most years, when I have not seen any at all.

My wife and I saw "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood," which earned a Best Supporting Actor nomination for Tom Hanks in a memorable turn as Fred Rogers, the legendary kids' TV show host.

It was great.

The rest? I don't know. There are lots I would like to see.

I have "The Irishman" on the list. It didn't win a thing last night.

Certainly "Judy," with Renee Zellweger taking Best Actress.

"The Joker?" I'll pass, even though I love Joaquin Phoenix and still can't believe he didn't win for his depiction of Johnny Cash i n "Walk the Line."

My wife has a penchant for old black-and-white flicks.

So we spend a lot of time on the couch watching Turner Classic Movies.

Or maybe I'm just cheap.

Comments