The smell of spring is in the air

Spring is near.

How do I know this?

No, not because pitchers and catchers get in their first workout today in Clearwater.

Not because we're looking at another mild day, pushing close to 50 degrees with no rain in sight.

I know spring is here because of something I smelled this morning on the ride into the office.

In fact, I smelled it three different times in three different locations.

I know I'm going to be in the minority on this, but I happen to like the smell of skunk.

It reminds me of summer.

So, yes, a smile crossed my face when, not far from home, that pungent aroma penetrated the car. It did not take long for me to find out why. A critter gave his life for me to have that fleeting scent of summer.

The odd thing is that I encountered the smell two more times on the ride into the office.

Either that or the mysterious stink that has hounded authorities in Delco is back again.

No, this was the fairly distinct smell of skunk.

Do you think it comes in a cologne?

Summer can't be far away.

Comments