The retired life

They say timing is everything.

Tell me about it.

Only I would retire when you can't do anything.

OK, the timing was not mine, but the decision was. I am not looking back. I am just looking forward to being able to do the normal, routine things that you take for granted.

Like holding my twin grandsons.

I have not seen them in person for more than two months.

Then there is the weather.

Yes, the weekend was nice, but if the forecast is to be believed, we're looking at another week of cold, wet weather.

On the upside, for most of my life - except for the days when the Philadelphia Eagles were playing - I always dreaded Sunday afternoon.

I would feel it coming on right after lunch, the distinct feeling that Monday - and another week - was looming in the background.

I can report that without question that is one of the best things about retirement - that every day is like Saturday.

If you're looking at me I'll be in the back yard. Soaking up the sun.

I guess I will eventually tire of that.

I'll let you know when that happens.

Comments